Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



I hope all the mothers everywhere had as nice a weekend as I did. I did not see all my children and grandchildren in person, but the memories of the great time we had when they were here are still with me.
Yesterday I went to Ashtabula County for my yearly Memorial Day visit to the cemeteries. On my way I stopped in Jefferson at my old home. Here are two pictures of it. I lived at 47 North Market Street for ten years when I was growing up. I wish I had the nerve to knock on the door and say, "I used to live here. Can I come in and look around?"

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Mother's Day M!!

I will knock on their door next time I'm in Ohio--let's plan on making a trip. Though it might be wise to leave all the girls in Stow so as not to scare the North Market Street people.

Elizabeth said...

And gosh, you're not too shy to post their house and address on the internet, hee hee ; )

Marie said...

tee hee i thought the same thing ;)
and i will knock too! i have always been curious.