Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Three Books of Choice






On May 12 the YA book review group I attend has the final meeting of the year. This time we meet at a restaurant, and everyone brings three titles to share for summer reading. They don't have to be YA this time. Here are my three picks in alphabetical order by the author's last name.
Sarah Johnson's Mount Vernon; The Forgotten History of an American Shrine by Scott E. Casper. This might seem a bit obscure, but anyone who has been to Mount Vernon will find it fascinating. My second pick is Old Friend from Far Away; The Practice of Writing Memoir by Natalie Goldberg. Granted I read more books about writing this year, but this one is for anyone. It makes you think about your life experiences, even if you don't want to write about them. My third pick is Because I Love Her; 34 Women Writers Reflect on the Mother-Daughter Bond, edited by Andrea N. Richesin. The title tells it all.

No comments: