Sunday, June 21, 2009

Musings on a Sunday Morning


I have not been blogging much of late. I will turn over a new leaf in July. Speaking of green things, I spend a lot of time watching our grass grow. This year we had more bare spots than grass. Little by little we plant grass seed, wait and watch for it to sprout. This sounds boring, but we mix it in with birdwatching.
We spend time at the community garden, although our weeds are probably in better health than the plants. We definitely will have tomatoes, peppers, green beans, radishes and broccoli before the snow flies.
Last week I had lunch with several Portage County active and retired librarians. The lady to my right has my old job. It is always fun to hear what is going on. After all, I spent sixteen years in Portage County.
We are getting ready for company. The tree house room will soon have two twin beds. The toddler bed is on the move, but not leaving home.
I went to Zumba class four times last week. The classes are getting bigger as more people discover what fun it is.
I am on a committee for the 50th anniversary of the Stow UMC. On Thursday afternoon we started going though old bulletins, photos, etc. We are not charter members, but only missed by a few years.

No comments: