Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Favorite Works of Art/List 6

Everything on the walls in my house has a special meaning to me. This list includes a select few.


Katherine Willis Pershey painted the Blue Lady. It won first prize at the Junior Classical League state convention. It is slightly creepy because it is so big, but we love it anyway.


This picture is a gift from Marie Willis Taylor. It reminds me of all the books I have read and have yet to read






Cheyenne Frontier Days is one of the oldest and best rodeos in the country. What fun!


These two are brothers, but led very different lives. William Morris Stewart (left) left home at age 14. He became the first U.S. Senator from the state of Nevada. John Stewart (right) was my great-grandfather. He became a successful farmer in Ohio.

       
    I love pictures with people reading in them. This is a special favorite of mine.




Several years ago we attended the wedding of Jeff and Jennifer. An artist at the reception drew our picture. What a unique way to remember a celebration.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

We blame you for our giant framed things collection!!