Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Ten about the Presidential Inauguration


1. A big thank you goes to the Arlington Bus System for providing free transportation on Inauguration Day.
2. I stayed out in the cold for almost nine hours and did not get sick.
3. People from the south or west suffered from the temperature more than I did. Sometimes it pays to be from Ohio.
4. We saw the Library of Congress Police patrolling our area. This was comforting in an amusing way to all of us book lovers.
5. Chocolate covered pretzels are the best snack when standing outside for hours in January.
6. I learned my digital camera has video capabilities.
7. Massive crowds can be well behaved if the people are in a good mood.
8. I noticed an elderly gentleman with the words Tuskegee Airmen on the sleeve of his leather jacket.
9. The Marine Band played wonderful marches which made me feel very patriotic.
10. My pedometer registered 19,644 steps on January 20, 2009.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's a very good list!