Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1. We went to Washington C.H. last weekend for Richard's high school reunion.  Katherine flew in from Chicago to run a half marathon with Marie. We only saw Katherine for a few minutes at the airport.

2. 13.1 miles is a long way to run, but they did it.

3. This was the view from our hotel room. It was fun to watch the harvest in progress.



4. Our group went to the Washington C.H. football game on Friday night. My friend Peggy and I used to spend time together many years ago. It is always good to catch up with an old friend.



5. I have great fun at Richard's reunions. His friends have become my friends over the years. We did miss Phil this time. He was in Colorado celebrating a 50th anniversary of his time in the Peace Corps.

6. I was on my own Saturday morning, so of course I went to the public library in Washington C. H. for a couple hours. I then walked around town. We attended Grace Methodist when we lived there. It was a beautiful church then and now.



7. Here I am with my cousin Cheryl at the recent Johnson family reunion. We are double second cousins. I did not even know she existed until my other double cousin Don found me on Ancestry.com about three years ago.



8 I am currently reading Consider the Birds; A Provocative Guide to Birds of the Bible by Debbie Blue.

9. The Blind Boys of Alabama have a new CD out. They are up in years but can still sing up a storm.

10. The next couple days will be filled with Cleveland sports. Go Tribe and Go Browns.

No comments: