Cool is not an adjective that usually describes me - but since I was tagged, it will be fun to come up with a few things.
1. When I was in college I played on the same recital as Richard Stolzman. I was in a sax quartet, and of course he was playing a solo.
For those people who don't know Richard - he is one of the best if not the best clarinet player in the world today. He plays classical as well as jazz, and has won more than one Grammy.
2. I drove around Northern Ireland in a stick shift car on the other side of the road. In our family it is cool to be able to handle a stick.
3. I teach in a middle school.
4. My great grandfather's brother was the first Senator from the state of Nevada. Uncle Bill was a fascinating character from the old wild west. I am trying to become the world's leading authority on him. I realize I don't have a lot of competition.
5. My three daughters are way cool, so some of this has to rub off on me.