Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I just finished reading The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow by Joyce Magnin. It is the title for book club at church tonight. I just received the book on Sunday. It certainly held my interest.
2. Richard attended a concert in Columbus yesterday with a few of his musician friends. The bari player was Bob LeBeau, an old friend of Richard. Bob's brother is Dick LeBeau, a 2010 Inductee to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
3. Bari players always seem to know each other. It is a unique group of individuals.
4. We had the air conditioner checked yesterday by one of the tallest people who has ever been in our house. He asked about the "Please wear shoes in the basement" sign. Fortunately, he was wearing shoes.
5. Speaking of shoes. I have a new pair of gaudy pink and black Nike Air Max. They are what all the "in" people who do Zumba wear. I don't anticipate joining the "in" group, just the "want to be in" group.
6. I hope Kent wins SYTYCD, since he is from Ohio. All three finalists are great dancers.
7. Project Runway is back.
8. Watch out for unsolicited packages in the mail. Things I find in the basement might just have your name on them. I mailed one yesterday via the post office's version of Pony Express.
9. We made plans to go to Florida in a few weeks to celebrate EVR's 92nd birthday. Her parties are always lots of fun.
10. My mother would have been 103 yesterday. She shared her birthday with her Uncle, Senator William Morris Stewart. He was born 185 years ago.

No comments: