Saturday, February 05, 2011

Oatmeal


Those who know me well are aware I eat oatmeal everyday for breakfast - not just a little bit, but the heart healthy serving recommended by the old Quaker. I became very excited when I saw other family members are trying this treat. I immediately searched for and found the steel cut John McCann's Irish Oatmeal appearing on E's picture a day. I compared the nutrition facts with the old fashioned Quaker Oats, and found them to be quite similar. I made it last night in the crock pot. Yum. I added several varieties of frozen fruit. (Pineapple, blackberries, cherries and mangoes) I plan to have it this way every weekend as a special treat. To my way of thinking, it really is one of the super foods.

2 comments:

Marie said...

can't wait to try it :)

Elizabeth said...

It's definitely worthwhile to make it in the crockpot the night before during the week, because I just don't have time to make oatmeal in the morning while getting everyone ready for school. But if it's made the night before it works perfectly!